22.11.15

Ode to Alber

I have a mad fashion crush on the utterly delightful Mr. Alber Elbaz.  To hear that he'd been dismissed from Lanvin after so long seemed like an April fool joke gone terribly wrong. 

Such a high profile...error of judgement, was always going to receive a lot of attention and one of the photos I came across in the aftermath was this one.  The skirt, my current garment obsession, is both floaty and feminine, the length perfect and the jewel like colour so very Lanvin.


My 3D ode to Mr. Elbaz was cut from a washed linen in a sort of dirty apple green found at Tessuti in Melbourne.   It's shown with an adaptation of the PRETTY BLOUSE in the 1933 Liberty print classic, Betsy.  The frill, mock placket and vintage buttons added to further enhance the retro feel.


The PRETTY BLOUSE sewing pattern is available from my Etsy shop in Australian sizes 6-14, a size conversion chart can be found right here.  The skirt is just two gigantic rectangles gathered into a narrow waistband, I'm quite sure however that the Lanvin original is anything but.


No comments:

Post a Comment