3.5.14

Hot weather dressing

The pattern for the BATHING SUIT TOP is tantalizingly close to completion and now that I'm finally in my new home I can dust off some of the projects I'd been working on prior.  A spate of 40 degree plus weather inspired a dress version.  The only alteration to the pattern was to add a 29cm wide hem frill which beautifully emphasizes the trapeze shape and uneven hemline.

 


It's also mighty good for spinning!  The pattern for the BATHING SUIT TOP will be available from my Etsy shop in Australian sizes 8 to 14 in just a couple of weeks.


The dress was made from a Japanese silk blend check.  I used a contrast spot for the reverse side of the ties and to form the casing around the inside of the neckline; both fabrics were found at Tessuti in Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment